2-3 hours with a rice cooker, or a crock pot (which will take longer).
- Sweet and regular potatoes
- Vegetable stock
- Hot peppers
- Curry paste
- Curry spices
- A little cinnamon
- Powdered cayenne pepper
- White rice
- (Optional) Water
- Throw everything together in the rice cooker with the dried chickpeas.
- Add a dash or two of the powdered cayenne pepper while the food cooks.
- Serve over white rice.
Notes for anosmics from Sandi:
- If you use a rice cooker, you can leave it alone the whole time without worrying about checking the dish.
- If you use a crock pot, you can still leave it alone while at work or in class.
- You can use water or vegetable stock to cook everything in.
- “You can throw in any veggies you have on hand or things like tofu, mushrooms, or an egg depending on what’s in the fridge.”